It depends. There are some great criminal defense attorneys in Illinois, and there are some who have a less than stellar reputation. The answer to the question “Who is the best attorney?” is different for everyone. The reason is that each case and client is so different. What’s best for one person might not work at all for another.
Instead, we focus on finding the best attorney for you. We don’t represent the people who call us. We talk to you about what you’re facing and then recommend an Illinois attorney who we think will do a great job for you.
Hiring an attorney is a very personal decision, and we want to understand your situation before making a recommendation. So if you call for our help, you can expect us to ask about some specifics, such as:
– The charges you’re facing and what’s happened so far. Is your case a misdemeanor or felony? Some attorneys are known for their success in a particular area, such as DUI defense. Have you had a court date or missed a court date?
– Where you were arrested. Ideally, your attorney will know the local courthouse well. We want you to have the advantage of hiring an attorney who is familiar with the judges and prosecutors.
– Whether you’ve talked to police. Have you given a statement or signed anything?
– Your history. Are there any prior convictions that would make your current case more complex?
– Any special needs you might have. Do you speak a language other than English? Do you live far from where your case will be heard? Do you need an attorney who will come to you?
The point is to understand as much as we can about what you need in order to recommend an attorney who can best match those needs. You can contact us anytime for help in choosing an attorney for your case.