Call or email us. It’s completely confidential.
Speak to a lawyer about your situation for free.
We give you advice and/or a lawyer referral.
Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
We are Illinois lawyers, who since 2001, have been offering legal guidance and attorney referrals to the top Illinois medical malpractice lawyers. Call our office at 312-346-5320 or 800-517-1614 to speak with an attorney for FREE and get pointed in the right direction. Or you can fill out our contact form to tell us about your situation and we will contact you. It is always free and confidential to contact us.
Under Illinois law, medical malpractice refers to injuries as the result of professional misconduct or unreasonable care by a health care provider. It describes any treatment, lack of treatment, or other departure from accepted standards of health care that results in harm to the patient.
We trust doctors to take care of our loved ones, our children and ourselves. They do what we cannot – they prescribe medication, perform surgery, diagnose illness and advise us on our health and wellbeing. We rely on nurses, pharmacists, clinics and hospitals in much the same way. We literally put our lives in their hands. When something goes wrong and a mistake is made, the consequences can be devastating.
A bad result doesn’t mean that medical malpractice happened. But when the harm suffered is a result of negligence that leads to significant damages, a lawsuit can be pursued. We understand how awful this experience can be as we have talked to thousands of people who have been harmed and helped them find the right law firm for what they are dealing with.
Medical malpractice comes in many forms. Some examples include misdiagnosis, failure to have or use the necessary skills, improper treatment, delay in treatment, failure to follow up, failure to order tests or evaluate results, and prescription errors. We know lawyers who have won cases for just about every type of situation imaginable.
Once a doctor-patient relationship is formed, the doctor owes the patient a duty of care, which means that they are held to a certain standard when acting as your doctor. This duty of care is a legal requirement and if they breach the duty and cause harm, they can be held accountable.
A good medical malpractice lawyer works tirelessly to make things right for a victim of medical negligence. There is no way to undo what has been done, but the law allows you to demand compensation for your medical bills and lost wages, as well as payment in recognition of your pain and suffering. A good outcome can significantly improve life for the injured person and their family. There are lots of law firms that advertise that they handle these cases, but very few have the financial resources and track record to give you the best chance of a good result. We know who these firms are and within them, what type of cases they’ve had success with. No one law firm is right for every malpractice case.
Any time you are hiring an attorney, it should be someone with experience, a good reputation and a track record of success. In medical malpractice cases, the injuries are often serious and therefore the stakes are higher. The cases are more complex, more time consuming and more expensive. Hiring the best attorney for your case is essential, and we can help.
These cases are difficult, but we know the lawyers who have a track record of winning. Some of our successes in cases we’ve referred out include:
- $30,000,000.00 to provide life long care to a child who sustained a brain injury at birth and can’t walk or talk.
- $7,000,000.00 for a man who lost use of his leg after a failed back surgery.
- $6,000,000.00 to the estate of a woman who died after breast cancer was not properly diagnosed.
- $4,500,000.00 for a child whose kidney ailment was not properly treated at a top Chicago hospital.
- $3,250,000.00 Failure to diagnose a fungal infection that spread to the patient’s lungs and killed him.
- $3,100,000.00 to the estate of a man who died in an assisted living facility due to the mismanagement of Coumadin.
- $3,000,000.00 following a death from a surgical error.
- $2,700,000.00 as the result of a misdiagnosis leading to a leg amputation.
- $2,600,000.00 from a failure to diagnose a hole in a lung that resulted in the death of a young girl.
- $2,500,000.00 for the estate of a man who died due to a failure to diagnose a deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
- $2,200,000.00 for a failure to diagnose an abdominal aortic aneurysm in a 68 year old man who passed away as a result.
- $2,100,000.00 following a failed spinal fusion.
- $2,000,000.00 for a surgical error that lead to the death of an elderly man.
- $2,000,000.00 for a young woman with a severe leg injury following a surgery. This case involved a failure to diagnose a blood clot.
- $1,950,000.00 for failure to diagnose breast cancer.
- $1,950,000.00 on behalf of a minor child, confidential failure to diagnose case.
- $1,600,000.00 for failure to diagnose a blood clot.
- $1,600,000.00 from a leg amputation. This was a case that was turned down by two other law firms before we got involved.
- $1,500,000.00 to the estate for failure to diagnose chicken pox that lead to a woman’s death.
- $1,500,000.00 for the family of an 80 year old man given too much chemotherapy.
- $1,425,000.00 as the result of a death from an anesthesia error.
- $1,200,000.00 for a failure to diagnose a benign brain tumor in a timely manner.
- $1,200,000.00 confidential error that resulted in the death of a child.
- $1,200,000.00 after an air bubble in a surgery caused brain damage in a patient.
- $1,050,000.00 for a man with a severe, neglected bed sore in a rehab facility.
- $1,000,000.00 in Peoria County after a death following a coronary angiogram
- $1,000,000.00 for man who suffered from a really serious bedsore in a rehab facility.
- $900,000.00 for a man who sustained kidney damage from an undiagnosed infection.
- $750,000.00 to a woman who suffered severe burns during a vascular procedure.
- $700,000.00 to the family of an elderly man who suffered an injury in a nursing home.
- $675,000.00 for a man who suffered a bed sore in a nursing home.
Doctors mean well, but their mistakes can be devastating. We get that and know how to win cases against them. We will do whatever we can to help you. If you have any questions or want a referral, please contact us.