Call or email us. It’s completely confidential.
Speak to a lawyer about your situation for free.
We give you advice and/or a lawyer referral.
What Makes a Great Illinois Criminal Defense Lawyer?
We are Illinois lawyers who can help you find the best criminal defense lawyer for your case. We help with every criminal court in Cook County, Will County and DuPage County. The lawyers we recommend fight for their clients and have a track record of success. Call our office at 312-346-5320 to speak with an attorney for FREE. You can also fill out our contact form to tell us about your situation and we will contact you.
People contact us to find Illinois lawyers for criminal defense or other areas of law. When we recommend an attorney, we try to suggest someone that focuses their practice on one specific area of law. This is especially important when we recommend Illinois criminal defense attorneys.
Having a good criminal defense lawyer could be the difference between going to jail and having a clean record. While a lawyer fresh out of law school could defend a traffic ticket, if you are charged in Illinois with a felony or misdemeanor you need someone that has years of experience and understands how to evaluate and fight these cases.
We know who the most experienced and successful lawyers are for criminal defense in Illinois. That does not guarantee a result, but does ensure that your case is evaluated and/or pursued by the right person. The following are other characteristics that we think are possessed by the Illinois criminal defense attorneys that we recommend:
- They have at least 10 years of experience in defending criminal matters in Illinois.
- They used to be a prosecutor, public defender or have been defending criminal cases for so long that they have the equivalent experience and relationships with current prosecutors and judges.
- Their firm has a track record of success measured in results on previous cases.
- They appear on a regular basis at the courtroom where the charges are being heard. In other words, a top criminal defense lawyer in Joliet likely is not the best choice for you if you are charged with burglary in Waukegan unless that lawyer goes to that court location all of the time.
- They consider the best needs of their clients when making decisions or recommendations.
- They treat their clients with respect and promptly return all phone calls.
- They keep their clients up to date on all important developments in a case.
These are just some of the traits that we look for before we recommend an Illinois criminal defense attorney or law firm. There is no such thing as the best criminal defense lawyer, but rather we try to help you locate the best Illinois attorney for your needs. If you have any questions about Illinois criminal defense laws or would like a referral to an experienced Illinois criminal defense attorney please do not hesitate to contact us. All inquiries are free and confidential.
illinoislawyers.com focuses on finding lawyers in every part of the state of Illinois. From Chicago to Rockford, to Central Illinois, down to Southern Illinois, and every county in between. Whatever the legal area or location within the state of Illinois, we know the perfect lawyer for you.