Call or email us. It’s completely confidential.
Speak to a lawyer about your situation for free.
We give you advice and/or a lawyer referral.
Free Illinois Power Of Attorney For Health Care Form
We are Illinois lawyers, who since 2001, have been offering legal guidance and attorney referrals. Call our office at 312-346-5320 or 800-517-1614 to speak with an attorney for FREE and get pointed in the right direction. Or you can fill out our contact form to tell us about your situation and we will contact you. We can’t promise a result, but we do guarantee that we will be honest and treat you like a family member or friend.
The Covid 19 situation has us, like you, stressed out. We want to help in any way we can, especially those who are having to risk their health by returning to work in potentially unsafe environments.
Lawyers usually charge a few hundred dollars to prepare power of attorney forms for health care, but we want to offer it to anyone, no matter their situation, for free. Click this link to access the Illinois Short Form Power Of Attorney For Health Care. You are welcome to call us if you need help completing it, but we will provide some points of note:
- At the top of the form you put your information and the name and address of the person you want to make health care decisions for you if you are unable to do so.
- In Section 2, you instruct them what type of life saving treatment you want or don’t want. Just initial one of the three choices.
- For number 3, it should be effective the date you sign it. For number 4 we recommend you extend this form for a long time.
- It’s important to choose a backup person which is the point of number 5. We recommend it be someone in a different household than your primary choice if possible.
- You sign on number seven in front of two witnesses, neither of whom should be someone who might be your power of attorney choice.
We highly recommend that you give a copy of this form to your primary care physician as well as to the people that you choose as your power of attorney.
Hopefully you never need to use this document, but it’s a great idea to have one in place in case something happens.
As always, you are welcome to call us with any questions or concerns. This form is for Illinois residents only.